Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Whoa there flowers!

The flowers my mom gave me last year were nice last year, but this year they are beautiful and all of the plants are huge. The border lilies are just starting to bloom. Last year they had a bloom or two per plant but this year there are two or three blooms per plant and in some places more than one plant growing.
The knockouts that survived last year are doing wonderfully. One of them has 23 open blooms on it and even more than that in closed buds.
Also I must recommend Michigan Bulb Company. That's where my mom bought the plants for me. Since I had problems with the knockout roses and one of my hydrangea bushes last year, they sent me new ones this year. They actually sent more than the number that died, which was a nice bonus to receive.

The columbine plants aren't at their full bloom in these pictures. They were much more colorful last week. They're huge though. In the picture below, it's the tall plant behind the rose bush.

The geraniums (bluish purple flowers) should get more blooms later in the summer, but are looking nice already.
The very front of my yard

No comments:

Post a Comment