Friday, May 6, 2011

More curtains


My spare room has been curtain-less for a while. I've had blinds up for a while, but a lot of light still enters the room in the morning making it hard for my guests to sleep in. I have been working toward getting the room more guest friendly, yet maintaining it as my office. I bought a futon and made a cover for it (the covers made for it were BORING... sorry IKEA, but props on the quality futon)
It looks even cooler in person! The dog looks even sillier in person.
I was really pleased with how it turned out, but didn't manage to make curtains until more recently (I made this futon cover in December). I had extra futon fabric, so I decided I would spice up the curtains by adding some striped fabric to the curtains to help tie the whole room together. They required a lot of ironing in order to get everything to lay correctly and it was really hard to make sure that they would look even enough. They're definitely not perfect, but I'm pleased with how they turned out.



Next spare room project: finally hang ceiling fan!

1 comment: