Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sped-up Bathroom Remodel

Here are bathroom before-pictures from when I moved into the house and with only the new shower curtain rod:


An unexpected staycation has given me a lot of extra time time to do house projects! (And to update posts as you may have seen with all of the recent updates). Some of them have been decorative or unanticipated, but working on the bathroom has let me check off a lot on my house to-do list. I knew my bathroom remodel was going to be slow, but my first bathroom post, appropriately titled with "slow bathroom remodel" was from over 3 and a half years ago! You can see the slow progress of the past 3.5+ years by clicking on the bathroom label. However, the following tasks, in no particular order (and I may have even forgotten some), are from within two weeks time:
1. Drywall /plaster repair
2. Scraping the paint from behind the toilet tank
3. Sanding... lots and lots of sanding
4. Caulking between tiles and drywall
5. Touching up floor grout
6. Touching up paint on vanity
7. Painting (ceiling and the walls)
8. Installing shelf - still working on this one, but plan to have it done within the two weeks time
9. Replacing toilet seat - still working on this one too
10. Decorating
11. Lots of cleaning!

I may not blog about each of these, but obviously I have certainly been busy during my time at home. Check back later for the updated bathroom look!


No comments:

Post a Comment