Friday, October 11, 2013

New storage for Nintendo games (eventually to swap with my cookbooks)

Most of the time my Nintendo (yes... old school, original Nintendo) has lived in my basement. The Nintendo itself doesn't take up much space and could stay upstairs but there was not really any space for the ridiculous number of games my brothers and I (well... mostly my brothers) accumulated.


Yesterday, I happened to be at a thrift store searching for some picture frames and goods for my upgraded bathroom (blog post coming soon) on the 25% off sale day and came across this cabinet for $7.50 after the discount. I got a new knob (about $2.50) and I already had the black paint.

I was able to paint it yesterday and touch-up my bathroom cabinet and light switch cover at the same time...so 3 tasks tackled at once!


I began painting it upside down in order to get to the bottom edges of the legs and that provided a nice stand for painting the door too. After that round dried, I flipped it over to paint the top and did a second coat on the sides. Finally, I painted a second coat on the top and the door to let it dry over night. This morning I assembled it with hinges and the new knob and stocked it with the games.



For now, I'll store the games in here, but it's still hard to go through the games to decide what to play. I'll still have to pull a lot of them out. Eventually I will install a shelf to store my cookbooks in there instead. Then, I'll put the games in a pull-out drawer in the TV stand where they should be easier to see.

1 comment: