Saturday, November 29, 2014

Spackle, paint, glue, and... glitter?

Those are all things that covered my hands at some point today. And I broke a nail. Before you get scared, the glitter wasn't for a house project. I decided to multitask today. I spackled the nail holes in the door frames to prepare them for painting. I began painting the baseboards and did a first coat on one of the doors I just installed. See the difference!!!


The glue and glitter were for my new Christmas wreath. I started putting this wreath together in January using after-Christmas sale ornaments and a clothes hanger. The ornaments still needed to be glued or the balls would fall off. I must admit, the superglue didn't really cover my hands or I'd be in big trouble right now (nor would I be typing this blog), but I did have a few short moments of fingers being a little stuck together. The glitter on my hands came from the sparkly purple and red ornaments. I plan to get more silver ribbon so I can make a fuller bow, but this one works for now.


My broken fingernail happened when I was removing a screw from a drywall screw that I needed to reinstall for my curtain rod. What happened to my curtain rod, you ask? Well, my dog gets a little carried away when the mail carrier comes to my door and one day I came home to the rod, curtain, and one of the rod mounts on the ground. It would have been a good dog shaming post because he was super guilty-looking when I got home, but I didn't take a picture that time. Anyway, I spackled the hole, which had been stripped and let it dry/cure for a while. I finally got around to bringing my power drill upstairs to drill a new hole and my curtain is back up!

More Christmas decorating today and more painting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment