Monday, April 25, 2011

Toasting the new kitchen

Cheers!

The kitchen is done! I'm not even sure where to begin in the process of setting it up, but it felt appropriate to toast it with some Shocktop the night the contractors cleared out their stuff marking it complete. My friend Allison came over to see the transformation and was willing to cheers! She also played a game with me to try to help me with organizing the kitchen. I'll call it "natural inclination." Here's how it's played:
  1. Preferably played in an unstocked kitchen.
  2. Visitor walks from dining room into kitchen (or whatever the adjoining room to the kitchen is).
  3. As visitor crosses into the kitchen, the homeowner tells the visitor, "you are looking for ____." The blank represents something common you would find in a kitchen (i.e. a cup for water, a colander, spices).
  4. The visitor uses his/her natural inclination to find said item and in turn helps the homeowner begin the organization process.
I probably should have put "game" in quotes b/c there's no prize/winner/points, but in my defense for the lack of reward... it was her idea and I gave her a beer so no criticism. :) Seriously, though... props to Allison for the idea.

This is just the glimpse of the new kitchen, but I need to organize the kitchen and then will continue the kitchen remodel blog post series.

No comments:

Post a Comment