Friday, October 15, 2010

Sometimes it's the little things...

I'm LONG overdue for blog posting. I've done quite a few smaller projects in the past month and a half, but haven't had time to post about them.

One weekend I decided I was going to paint my front door. I had new doors installed last December.They look nice, but were only primed. Well, the primer was fine for a while, but it didn't really match the white shutters or casing that frames the door from the outside. There were also nail holes that needed to be filled and painted over in the wood between the storm door and the front door.



I taped off the semi-circle window in the door, grabbed a brush and my roller, and got to work. Well, I accidentally got a longer roller brush nap than I intended. Instead of the paint going on smoothly there ended up being a little texture... and I like it! However here's something I found on rules on roller brush nap length:


Use a 1/2 inch (1.2 cm) nap for flat paint on walls and ceilings, 3/4 inch (1.9 cm) nap for rough surfaces like textured ceilings, and 1/4 inch (.63 cm) nap for satin or semi-gloss paint.

Most people probably barely noticed that there were patch spots and even less so that the door was a different shade of white. I noticed though and the painting of the door is just one more thing that makes the house feel more complete..

1 comment:

  1. Unity Metal IndustryLimited is a stainless steel railing tube and component fitting manufacturer in Foshan, which is specializing in the delivery of base cover, bar holder, elbow, end cap, glass clamp, handrail bracket, wall bracket, 25x21mm/ 42.4mm/48.3mm slotted tube fitting and LED Handrail to Europe, South American, and Australia Market. Click Here

    ReplyDelete