Thursday, August 19, 2010

Grout dries quickly

I've learned lots of things from regrouting my tub.

In addition to "grout dries quickly" I've learned:
 - a fine sandpaper (150 grit or higher) does wonders at smoothing rough spots. Use fine sandpaper so you don't scratch the tiles and because lower grit sand paper wouldn't smooth as well.
 - clean tools quickly. Mine have some dried grout stuck to them, but I'm going to use the sandpaper method on them since I didn't clean them well enough with water when the grout was still wet.
- a 10lb box of grout is a LOT of grout. I used a 1/3 of the box... maybe? probably not even that much. They don't give cup measurement mixing instructions (it's no bisquick box) so the art of proportions will be needed to get the right consistency. But better that, then to waste a lot of grout.
- my "weekend projects" are never just a weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment