Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stretch before gardening

I pulled my back gardening a couple of weekends ago. I'm in my 20s so that really shouldn't happen, but it's taught me the lesson to stretch my back regularly... especially before doing yard work. In my defense, I had been working on my core at the gym, which probably tightened my back too much in the previous weeks. You'd think the bags of mulch I hauled would have caused me to hurt my back, but instead it was pulling on a tree root.
Luckily my regular gardening helper and a couple of other friends were able to help me plant the shade garden and the rest of the plants that my mom got me. Due to the tree roots, I was unable to plant the hydrangea bushes where I wanted to, so they're currently growing in pots. Not ideal, but I'll find a good spot for them eventually.

Once things start to bloom, I'll post more pictures. I just wanted to pass along my advice before it was too late for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment