Wednesday, February 15, 2017

No more tangled necklaces!

I've gotten some really cool necklaces as gifts over the past few years, but didn't have a great place to put them. My jewelry box has a spot for a few necklaces, but they would inevitably fall off the hooks when I closed the lid. I had some necklaces hanging from bobby pins stuck in my book shelf, which worked for 2 or 3 necklaces, but 7 or more was overkill. I turned to the trusty pinterest to look for ideas for necklace storage and found one that uses upholstery nails and a piece of trim. I had plenty of trim laying around and upholstery nails were only a few dollars for a pack of 20.

I cut the trim to 24 inches to parallel the towel bar in my bathroom so I could use the empty space above it. Appropriately, my earring holder (made from a large black and white handkerchief and some push pins) is over my hand towel holder as you can see in this old post.


I painted the trim white, added some saw tooth hooks to the back, put two little nails in the wall, and hammered the upholstery nails at the bottom of the trim an inch apart to hold the necklaces.

I'm really pleased with how easy it was to make and how great it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment