Tuesday, November 5, 2013

New shelf for a complete look

I was inspired by the original subway tiles to do a black and white bathroom. Besides, the towels and shower curtain can easily add color to a bathroom. I figured that a black and white bathroom could also be helpful for resale value of the house (says the girl who painted other parts of the house orange haha). My pop of color is purple in the towels. However, I got a black and white shower curtain, so I needed to incorporate my accent color elsewhere. The spot that needed color the most was on the right side of the bathroom, but I didn't want to just have purple stuff sitting on the top of the toilet tank either. I decided to add a shelf that would withstand the weight of a purple diffuser and a purple beta fish (and container)!

I found fun swirly "scroll" brackets and was given a nice board that friends were getting rid of to cut for the shelf. [Sidenote: They had used the boards as part of a TV stand but got a cool electric fireplace TV stand as a replacement... and it's really cool!] Some paint, measuring, drywall anchors, and drilling later, here are the results.




My purple beta fish was added on Saturday! I'll call him CG for "cutest grape" because this commercial makes me smile.



I found a purple glass container to use as a reed diffuser, so my bathroom is vanilla scented.

\
The black and white sheer handkerchief holds my assortment of earrings

Before
After

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous bathroom. Love the handkerchief idea for decoration and utility!

    ReplyDelete