Monday, July 16, 2012

Adventures in Attic Insulation: Phase We're old pros now

It may have taken us 3 hours to do my neighbor's attic insulation, but two evenings later we did mine in less than an hour. We're quick learners! The three of us (my neighbor's friend is super cool and came to help insulate at my house too!) had a system down and I made some other adjustments in my attic to make it more bearable so we didn't need to take any breaks (post on that coming soon). I was flabbergasted a/b how efficient we were. I was so excited about it that I probably said "I can't believe how quickly we are getting this done" enough times to make my neighbor think, "Yeah, yeah. I get your point." Although she was probably equally excited and relieved since she was in the hot attic with me.
So glad that is done and I don't have to deal with fiberglass again... or at least for a while. My house will stay cooler this summer and warmer this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment