Saturday, May 26, 2012

Finally sealed and varnished kitchen floor transition

I had my kitchen redone over a year ago. I have been meaning to seal and varnish the wooden transition from the dining room into the kitchen since then. A couple of weekends ago, the temperature was perfect to open the windows, which meant I no longer had an excuse to keep the sealant closed.
After little sanding, cleaning, and using painter's tape to protect the kitchen tiles. I grabbed a paint brush applied the sealant and went to bed so that it could dry. Since it was such a small area that I needed to varnish, I realized it would be an awful lot of effort to put together the varnish pad that I have... and it would be a waste of water to clean. I ended up using a Viva Paper towel (and gloves as is good practice) to apply the varnish. 

It's just a small project, but it's a relief to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment