Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How has owning a home changed your life?

I was asked this question less than a month after going to settlement and a week & a half after moving my stuff in. However, I still had an answer:
  1. I've gotten less sleep. I spent a lot of late nights trying to get the house fixed enough to move in... mainly because of refinishing the floors, which will be a series of blog posts in the future.
  2. And I've spent a lot more time at Lowe's and Home Depot.
  3. I also could have added that I will learn a lot about home improvement in the next year, so I decided to become a blogger and share that knowledge.
  4. Finally, I've already learned that my fingernails will be shot since I'm going to be doing a lot of sanding and cleaning... hence the name of the blog. Until my fixer-upper is repaired, I will be breaking fingernails and undoubtedly more fastener nails just as I did when I removed the shoe molding. (first helpful hint - invest in a pair of work gloves and a good pair of rubber gloves)
Welcome to my blog. I hope you will find it useful.

1 comment:

  1. It is pretty cool coming back to your original post and beginning of renovating your home. How awesome it is that you have a deck and garden where you can literally kick your feet up and enjoy the fruits of your labor?! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete