Thursday, October 13, 2011

And I'm back... with ART!

I haven't blogged for the mere fact that I haven't actually done much work on the house. I have done more garden maintenance and started patching some holes/cracks in drywall, but nothing worth blogging about. And I've been out of town a lot attending weddings and helping out family. Besides, a single girl deserves a break from breaking nails sometimes!

One of my great friends gave me a book that had instructions about how to use CD jewel cases to make wall art. The short of it is you use the jewel cases as a frame to have cool textured art. The long of it is:

  1. Find a picture you want to use (mine is from a trip I took to Scotland)
  2. Use this program to divide the picture into the sizes you want. I did it differently and learned about this potentially better way afterward (see trials below)
  3. Print the pdf doc from the program
  4. Cut out pictures
  5. Insert pictures into CD cases
  6. Use velcro to attach cases to the wall


My Woes - I decided to pay for a custom-size poster of the picture to then cut up into the appropriate size for the CD cases. I got the poster from the online company and it was not, in fact, the size I ordered. I wasn't going to waste it though, so I made a smaller, non-rectangular piece of art.
If you think you may try this with some of your old CD jewel cases, here's a good resource.

2 comments:

  1. very NICE! impressive. . .i'm definitely going to give this a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your link for "Use this program to divide the picture into the sizes you want" links to http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

    I'm not going to that site. Sounds very "adult" and spammy.

    ReplyDelete