Friday, May 21, 2010

Garbage disposal - didyouknow?

My friend had a broken garbage disposal (or I should say "non-functioning" instead of "broken") and was dreading having to wait for a contractor to come fix it on a Friday evening. She shared her dread with a group of about 10 people. I asked if she had tried the reset button on her disposal and everyone in the room had no idea that garbage disposals have reset buttons. Well... the reset button worked! Now she can do something much more exciting than wait for a contractor to come press a button.

I'm blogging about this because the other people in the room and numerous of her other friends didn't know about the garbage disposal reset button. I want people to know that they might be able to save money if their disposal won't turn on just by pressing the reset button instead of calling a contractor.

Now you know!

5 comments:

  1. They also come with allen wrenches in case they are jammed. And you can put the allen wrench at the base of the disposal and manually turn it until all the clutter inside dislodges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently thought I broke mine... nope reset! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha good post. You can sound really handy if you tell people you fixed your garbage disposal. I did it once...all I did was push the button (i just left out that part of the story when telling it)! ~justin g.

    ReplyDelete