Friday, January 1, 2010

Roof Stomp Housewarming Party

Fourteen of my friends confirmed that my new windows are durable during Laura's "Window Bang," which is my Bible Study group's version of the Air Force's "Roof Stomp." Those events begin just as their titles imply... in a Roof Stomp, people get on the roof of the home of the person they are surprising and stomp on the roof. Well, I certainly was surprised when all of the sudden I hear this loud thundering noise that turned out to be people banging on every single one of my main level windows. It's a good thing I hadn't armed the security system because ADT would have been really confused about why all of my window sensors were going off. It takes me a second to realize who's out there (it was already dark that Wednesday night), but when I do I welcome the largest gathering (to date) into my home! We proceeded to have an Impromptu (to me, that is) Housewarming Party that I didn't have to plan! They brought food, drink, activities, cash for a housewarming gift, and most of all FUN!

We ate, drank, talked about the house and what an undertaking it is (but it'll be worth it), played Christmas carols on pipes (think wind chime chorus -- see video), and toasted the house with champagne.

I have fabulous friends!

1 comment:

  1. A fabulous house warming for a fabulous handy-woman-in-training. :)

    ReplyDelete