Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shower rod, take 2

I wrote too soon. I shouldn't have said that I didn't need to use my power drill. Turns out I did need to put in the drywall anchors in order to give the rod the right support. I had to use the drill to make the previous holes bigger in order to get the anchors to fit. This is more challenging with plaster walls than with drywall. The plaster is 2 inches thick next to my firewall (the wall that separates my 1/2 duplex from the other). There are other challenges on the other wall (the wall shared with my 2nd bedroom). And I think the battery from my hand-me-down power drill barely holds a charge. It's currently getting another power boost and hopefully I'll be able to finish reinstalling the rod later today.

Sigh...it looked so nice. But if it needs more support, I'll give it more support. That way it can look nice for longer! :)
If you're gunna do something, do it right.

1 comment:

  1. Well, didn't finish installing the rod last night. Instead I wrote more blog posts and scraped some paint... both for your amusement :)

    ReplyDelete