Sunday, January 17, 2010

Another hole in the wall

I got around to fixing another hole in the wall. This one was in my bedroom and I knew it would need to be fixed before I moved in (unlike the one from my previous post). I forgot to take a picture of their make-shift fix before removing it from the wall, but I pieced it back together the best I could and took a picture so you'd have an idea of why this is another "What were they thinking?" moment.



I can't even really describe the material, but it looks like tar. The hole was caused by the door handle and was hidden when the door was open, which may be why they didn't even bother to make the tar smooth. It, too, was indented. Anyway I used a retractable razor to make a wall patch fit in that space and plastered over it. Still haven't finished sanding it flat, but here's what it looks like:


I'm working on getting the rest of the walls even so that I can paint over the yellow paint. My power sander has helped get rid of a lot of the bad patch jobs and I'm making good use of the joint compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment