Saturday, May 26, 2012

2 ft of concrete

I began digging holes for my deck footers soon after getting my permit. Fortunately, only one of my footers conflicted with the posts of the old chain link fence. Unfortunately, one footer conflicted with a post. That post was set in two feet of concrete!!!
I started to dig around it and realized at one foot deep that it wasn't moving at all. My coworker lent me his heavy concrete breaking tool.

It's pretty awesome, but would have taken me forever to do. Steve, however, dominated that concrete! Here's what's left:


And not only did he do that, but he hauled it out of the hole on his own and then dug the hole to 28+inches deep and 22"x22" square. Twelve more holes and I'll be ready for 1st inspection! Well, I have one other pretty much completed and some others partially done, but a lot of digging still left to do.
This deck will not be going anywhere when it's built on that much concrete. And it's going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment